Labor and Employment
"Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co.’s labour and employment team ‘can be summed up in one word – superb’. The department handles complex pre-litigation proceedings, disputes and non-contentious sensitive labour matters".
Legal 500 legal ranking
The firm's Labor Law Department delivers comprehensive legal advice, combining the most advanced doctrines and the latest procedures of labor law, while guaranteeing that the legal advice is adjusted to the business, commercial and organizational needs of each client.
Beyond legal counsel, the department is a strategic partner for its clients in all matters related to the management of human resources and provides a comprehensive and complete response to the variety of needs required to deal with any issue.
The department's clients receive quick, practical and efficient service, without compromising on the highest level of professionalism. The department's Legal advice is based on extensive knowledge and familiarity with labor law, as well as on rich experience combined with creative and unique thinking.
This includes a special emphasis on a work process that anticipates legal exposures and handles them before they are realized. At times, this process also includes the construction of organizational regulation-programs tailored to the needs of the client.
In addition, the department provides a comprehensive and complete service for managing and solving crises of various types in the field of private and Collective Labor law.
The department's services combine a deep commercial understanding that is fully and synergistically in collaboration with all departments of the firm, enabling us to provide quality, up-to-date and A to Z service on a wide range of complex issues.
Among the department's clients of the are leading companies in the Israeli economy, including multinationals, which operate in Israel in a variety of industries (construction, high-tech, technology, communications, insurance, pharmaceuticals, transportation and aviation, Fuel and energy, research, education, etc.).
The department is proud to add new and leading clients each year, while maintaining long-term relationships with its longtime ones.
The department is ranked as a leading department in all significant international rankings: Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, IFLR 100. And the Israeli rankings: BDI, DUNS100.
Our services include:
• Providing solutions to ongoing questions in all areas of labor law (wages, employment terms, pension terms, social security, etc.), preparing opinions and formulating policy regulations and procedures on a range of topics according to the needs of each organization (IT, privacy, attendance, paid leave, employment of disabled personnel and more).
• Formulating work agreements adapted to each job and needs, termination agreements, consulting agreements, loan documents, special compensation agreements, including options and shares, pension arrangements and more.
• Representation in all types of proceedings and in all legal instances - labor courts throughout the country, the High Court of Justice as well as civil and legal courts - disciplinary courts, arbitrations, parity committees, enforcement officials in the Ministry of Economics and other official authorities (such as Supervisor of Women's Labor Law) .
• Accompanying and assisting in the management of various crises, both on the private level (such as complaints of sexual harassment, workplace abuse, etc.) and on the collective realm (initial organization, collective crisis, etc.).
• Accompanying , consulting and representing in collective disputes, including collective bargaining and formulation of collective negotiation agreements.
• Accompanying, consulting and drafting all documents required for merger and acquisition transactions and structural changes.
• Providing solutions to complex work methods: contracts with service providers, human resources agencies, employment issues of foreign workers, visas, etc.