Since the beginning of modern class action suits in Israel in the 1990's, APM & Co. has been at the forefront of this unique area of litigation and involved in some of the country's most challenging class action suits.
With over 16 years of valuable experience and a substantial number of rulings resulting in precedents, APM & Co. has set the foundations and shaped this field from the onset- becoming one of Israel's leading Class Action practices.
This unique practice involves a complex interplay between the substantive law, subject to the field of the suit, and the legal requirements relating to the class action procedures. This complexity is further increased by rapid changes to this emerging practice.
In order to overcome said complexity, inherent to class action suits, our practice is comprised of highly-experienced trial attorneys, as well as those specializing in areas of the law subject to class action suits, and whose fields of expertise are essential in class action litigation.
We offer representation and advice to corporations and executives in class actions, as well as all legal aspects relevant to the process. Our experience in this demanding field extends not only to the defendants but also to the representation of plaintiffs. APM & Co. is one of the few large firms to also represent plaintiffs and litigate class actions against corporate and governmental misconduct. These class actions in particular require adequate resources to manage the cost and multifaceted claims against the state or corporate giants.
Our practice has vast experience handling class action suits in a wide range of areas, including administrative law, mass torts, insurance, banking, communications, consumer fraud and false advertising, with special expertise in environmental and tax related class actions. We also offer advice to corporate managers on legal aspects subject to class actions.
- Representing plaintiffs in a class action vs. Israel Perry and companies under his control in the matter of the defendants' fraudulent initiative to implement the social treaty between Israel and Germany, and demand reimbursement for the misappropriated funds.
Reimbursement- No less than NIS 2.5 Billions.
- Representing defendants in class actions vs. Bromine Compounds et al in the matter of alleged involuntary exposure to toxic substances emitted from the company's plant.
Reimbursements- over NIS 4 Billions.
- Representing plaintiffs in an administrative class action vs. the State of Israel in the matter of fees that should be deductible for tax purposes as of 2004.
Reimbursement- estimated at NIS Billions.
- Representing plaintiffs in class action vs. the State of Israel for the wrongful collection of Value Added Tax for international collect calls and calling cards.
- Representing plaintiffs in an administrative class action vs. the State of Israel in the matter of convalescence payments appropriated for the establishment of a "rescue" fund for factories.