Mergers and Acquisitions
"APM & Co. is an outstanding firm combining high-quality legal advice with a profound understanding of the business"
"Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co.s‘ fast-paced’ corporate team is especially strong in matters involving commercial partnerships".
Legal 500 legal ranking
Having sat on all sides of the table while representing the different key players- buyers, sellers and targets- our M&A specialists have vast local and international experience in all types of mergers and acquisitions, including: share purchases, statutory mergers, asset purchases, tender offers, spin-offs, and purchases of businesses.
Leveraging the skills, knowledge and network of contacts available throughout the office for the benefit of our clients, we offer both the expertise of the M&A team, as well as the complementary professional services of our other departments, such as taxation, antitrust, labor, securities, regulations and others. Our coordinated multi disciplinary approach allows us to provide strategic consulting and comprehensive solutions, capable of addressing any issue that may arise during the M&A process. Our advice is designed to be practical, thereby contributing true value and facilitating positive results.
Our accumulated experience reaches beyond the boundaries of Israel, as we often represent local clients in M&A transactions carried out under the laws of foreign jurisdictions, as well as foreign clients in local M&A transactions.
Our involvement in the M&A process typically commences at the initial stage of pre-transaction strategy and continues through the negotiation, signing, closing and post-closing phases.
The M&A process often involves the following:
- Drafting the transaction documents and negotiating the terms of the transaction.
- Handling the legal due diligence review.
- Leading the tax aspects of the transaction, including, where relevant, the negotiations with the Israeli Tax Authority.
- Advising on all aspects of the related corporate procedures and required approvals.
- Preparing and submitting the necessary regulatory filings, as well as negotiating for the receipt of the required regulatory approvals, including, where relevant, vis-à-vis the Israeli Innovation Authority (the IIA, formerly known as the Office of the Chief Scientist of Israel's Ministry of Economy (OCS)).
- Drafting the financing agreements and negotiating.
Our vast M&A experience includes the following transactions:
- Representation of The Nielsen Company in its acquisition of eXelate, VisualDNA, vBrand and Retail Plus.
- Representation of NCR Corporation in its acquisition of Retalix Ltd.
Transaction Value: US$ 800 million.
- Leading the architecture and negotiation of a double merger mega-transaction between Meitav Investment House and DS Apex Holdings Ltd. (representing Meitav).
Transaction Value: NIS 2.3 billion.
- Representation of MediGuide in its acquisition by St. Jude Medical.
Transaction Value: US$ 300 million.
- Representation of a major shareholder of Solel Solar in its acquisition by Siemens.
Transaction Value: US$ 430 million.
- Representation of targets and shareholders in M&A purchases made by IBM, Stryker, Johnson & Johnson, Broadcom and others.
- Representation of Meitav Investment House in its mergers with Gaon Investment House and Yashir Investment House.
- Representation of Boston Scientific in its acquisition of EndoChoice Holdings Transaction Value: US$ 230 million.
- Representation of Traffix in its acquisition by F5 Networks.