"does whatever it takes to get the job done - he's very impressive." – CHAMBERS GLOBAL 2016 GUIDE
Practice head Ian Rostowky has regulatory expertise and the commercial experience to handle the IP aspects of complex M&A.
‘a smart, effective lawyer’ - Legal 500, 2015 EMEA Guide
Ian Rostowsky is a partner in the firm's High Tech and Venture Capital department and has over 25 years of experience in all aspects of commercial law and corporate transactional work, with emphasis on the hi-tech ecosystem. This includes: mergers and acquisitions, public offerings on NASDAQ the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange and the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) venture capital financings, establishing investment funds R&D, licensing, international trade, strategic alliances and international joint ventures.
Mr. Rostowsky also represents technology companies in all stages of development and in all technology fields. He has extensive experience in investment fund formation and counsels’ foreign corporations on the establishment of operations in Israel, as well as other Israel-related issues.
In addition, Mr. Rostowsky is Co-Chair of APM & Co.'s Intellectual Property practice and advises companies and investors on a wide range of intellectual property issues.
Select recent representative transactions:
- Acting for Israeli, American and Chinese-related investment funds in raising approximately US$700 million during 2014 - 2016.
- Acting for ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. in its acquisition by Francisco Partners for US$438 million.
- Acting as Israeli counsel for Emefcy Ltd. in its merger with Savcor, capital raising and admission to the ASX (Australian Stock Exchange).
- Representing a defense-related company in a US$ 37 million financing round of secured debt and equity with investment funds.
- Representing an enterprise software company in a US$20 million investment round.
- Representing a medical device company in a US$18 million investment round.
- Representing investors in a US$17 million dollar investment in an Israeli internet company.
- Representing US investment funds in a US$ 15 million PIPE investment in an Israeli company that is dual-listed on NASDAQ and the TASE.
- Representing a medical device company raising tens of millions in several investment rounds.
- Representing a medical device company in a US$ 18 million investment round.
- General counsel to companies traded on the NASDAQ and AIM markets.
- Representing technology companies in managing their IP issues and open source matters.
Joined the firm in 2007.
- Israel Bar Association (1990)
- Member of Executive Committee of the Israeli- South African Chamber of Commerce (2011-present)
- Vice Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Israeli Bar Association (2013-2015)
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, B.A, Economics and Industrial Sociology (1985)
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, LL.B., Law (1987)
- "Venture Capital", Guest Lecturer , Faculty of Law - Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2015-2016)
- Hebrew, English