Yoav Etzyon is a Partner and Co-Head of the High Tech and Venture Capital Department.
Mr. Etzyon specializes in venture capital investments, private equity transactions, public and private debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic collaborations and technology licensing arrangements.
Mr. Etzyon provides ongoing legal advice to both public and privately held high-growth companies operating in the technology and life science sectors. Mr. Etzyon clients include local and foreign entities (from, among other, US, Europe, China and Korea), venture capital and private equity funds, angel investors, strategic investors, multinationals corporations, leading high-growth companies and entrepreneurs.
Mr. Etzyon has represented:
- VC funds such as Firstime, Catalyst, SCP Vitalife, Liquidity Capital, Korea Investment Partners and more in portfolio investments in Israel
- Boston Scientific in its US$200 million acquisition of Mvalve
- Multinational groups such as LG Display, ABB and Arison Group in portfolio investments in Israel
- Meitav Group, in the merger with Dash-Apex Group and in the acquisition of the indexed linked operation of Clal Finance.
- Mezzanine funds in several complex loan transactions.
- High-growth technology companies in various investment rounds in Israel and the U.S.
Prior to joining APM & Co., Mr. Etzyon worked as an associate in the Capital Markets department at the international law firm Sidley Austin in New York, where he represented American banks such as Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan and Citibank in complex financial transactions including via sophisticated financial instruments and credit derivatives.
Mr. Etzyon joined the firm in 2010.
- New York State Bar (2005)
- Israel Bar Association (2002)
- Vice Chairman of the High Tech Committee of the Israeli Bar Association (2013-present)
- Tel Aviv University, LL.B., Law, Cum Laude (2001)
- Tel Aviv University, B.A, Accounting (2001)
- University of Pennsylvania, LL.M., Law (2006)
- Tel Aviv University, M.B.A, Business Administration (2012)
- "Venture Capital", Lecturer, Faculty of Law Hebrew University (2014)
- Hebrew, English